Thursday, October 30, 2014

Getting Started

I am just getting started with this blog so please bare with me as I slowly add tips and advice on living gluten free.  Many friends are always asking me what types of food to buy and what tastes good.  So I have created my gluten free shopping guide, complete with pictures, so you can easily recognize them at the store.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask.  I have been gluten free for several years now and although it was a difficult process at the beginning, I can now find gluten free substitutes for just about anything and I can take almost any recipe and make it gluten free!

You don't have to stop eating all your favorite foods when you go gluten free, you just have to find them again.  The food we eat now tastes even better than the typical store bought stuff we used to buy.  For example, my family LOVED the orange chicken that we used to get from the freezer section at Costco.  Can't eat that anymore so now I make it from scratch.  Granted, it takes longer but it tastes SO much better!

Like I said, you don't have to stop eating your favorite foods, but you do need to plan ahead a little better and sometimes you have to bring your own food when you go places.  Believe me, you get used to it and can't imagine going back...especially because you feel so much better now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment